MUNI in the Black Hills

Old August 11th 03, 05:23 PM
beelzebub of balance

Default MUNI in the Black Hills

Next July we will be hosting a Muni Weekend in the Black Hills of South
Dakota. We'll be staying at Trout Haven, just across the street from a
great entrance to the Centenial Trail.

Trout Haven provides the option of cheap cabins ($75 per cabin) or
camping. They have a trout pond, restaurant, and small store on the
property.

The Centenial Trail is one of the premier mountain bike trails in the
nation. It's a mix of single and double track that covers over 100
miles. We are exploring it, and we'll post photos soon.

Here is a link to the Centenial Trail:
http://www.bhcycling.com/centennial.html

I will get you more info as the date gets closer. We aren't looking for
a giant rally--20 to 40 riders would be plenty.

Thanks,

David Maxfield
Mitchell, SD

--
beelzebub of balance - Junior Member of the Universe

David Maxfield
Mitchell, SD
beelzebub of balance's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1631

Old August 11th 03, 05:39 PM
Mojoe

This sounds great!! Pick a date and I'll mark my calender. I'm looking
forward to it.

Joe

--
Mojoe - The Muni Militia

http://mojoe.unicyclist.com/
Mojoe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/533

Old August 11th 03, 07:54 PM
JJuggle

I can't make it and certainly couldn't do it even if I could make it,
but can't help wondering if there isn't a Beatles song hiding in
there.

-Now somewhere in the Black MUni Hills of Dakota
There lived a young boy named...-

Have fun
Raphael Lasar
Matawan, NJ

--
JJuggle - Last of the Dogmato-Revisionists

It's not against any religion,
to want to dispose of a pigeon.
JJuggle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/24

Old August 11th 03, 07:56 PM
johnfoss

When choosing dates watch out for UNICON, which will start on July 23
(plus travel time to Japan). NAUCC dates are as yet unknown.

So David Maxfield is now in Mitchell, SD. How do you like it?

--
johnfoss - Now riding to work

John Foss
the Uni-Cyclone
www.unicycling.com
________________

"Where's my kids?" -- Amy Drummond
"Where's my unicycle?" -- Andy Cotter
spoken one right after the other, mostly to themselves, at NAUCC 2003

Old August 11th 03, 09:50 PM
beelzebub of balance

Here are some photos from our ride in the Black Hills last weekend. I'm
riding with my nephew, PJ.

David Maxfield
Mitchell, SD

Old August 11th 03, 10:43 PM
tomblackwood

beelzebub of balance wrote:
*Let's try this photo thing again. *

And again.....?

--
tomblackwood - Registered Nurtz

My other brake is my face!

Old August 11th 03, 11:10 PM
MUNIYETI

Hey "B.O.B" where do you ride in up there? I am possibly going to
SpearFish at the end of the month and was considering taking the
Muni.....

--
MUNIYETI
MUNIYETI's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4183

Old August 12th 03, 02:20 AM
beelzebub of balance

I can't figure out the photo thing. I attach images, but they never
appear.

If you are looking for a ride near to Spearfish, let me recommend Crow
Peak. I haven't done it yet, but it sounds very good. It's a climb up,
followed by a technical ride down.

You climb 1600 feet in 3.5 miles. The top is rocky and steep--sounds
like a fun ride down. The trailhead is 4 miles south of Spearfish on the
Higgins Gultch Road (BHNF Road 214). Avoid late afternoon if it looks
like thunderclouds--the lightening up there is dangerous.

An easier variety of trails would be the Little Spearfish, Rimrock, and
Old Baldy trails. These are 16 miles southwest of Spearfish.

From Cheyenne Crossing drive 5.5 miles north on US 14A. Turn left onto
BHNF Road 222 and drive 4.8 miles to the trailhead, which is located
just beyond Timon Campground.

If you do any of these rides, then be sure to give us a report. There
are hundreds of miles of trails in the Black Hills, and I want to make
sure we pick the best.

David Maxfield
Mitchell, SD

Old August 12th 03, 12:59 PM
beelzebub of balance

I'll try this John's way. It usually works.

| Attachment filename: black hills photo.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/156885|