Where to buy Axo/661 Dually shoes?

Old August 12th 03, 10:47 PM
merrill

Default Where to buy Axo/661 Dually shoes?

Where are people finding these lately? I'll be needing to buy a new
pair soon. It seems they might be difficult to find.

Joe

--
merrill - Confinement Loaf

Smart Bomb + Dumb President = Weapon of Mass Destruction
merrill's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/818

Old August 13th 03, 10:39 AM
Neil

Hi Joe,

Chain Reation have both... although the AXO's are in limited supply.

661s @ http://tinyurl.com/djtu

AXOs @ http://tinyurl.com/4ye7

Cheers,
Neil

--
Neil - SubGenius
Neil's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/19

Old August 13th 03, 11:34 AM
Tmornstar

Anybody know is the AXO version is still available in the US? Also,
what are the differnces between the 661 / AXO, beside the way that they
lace-up ? I currently have a pair of 661 Dually but the lacing loops
wear out too quickly. It looks like the AXO shoe would last a lot
longer in this area.

Tommy

--
Tmornstar - Student of Christopher

Tommy Thompson
Memphis Unicycle Club
Please vist our web site:
http://www.memphisunicycleclub.com
Tmornstar's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/658

Old August 13th 03, 11:57 AM
Tmornstar

Hey Dave,

Thanks for the link. They do have the AXOs but only in smaller sizes -
close-out specials, only $30!. It looks like thay are abandoning the
AXO Dually for the 661 version. I'll probablly have to bite the bullet
and go with the 661s. I'm currently trying Active Ankles with a low-cut
shoe but it is not working out for me. I love my 661 Duallys but I have
had to re-design and modify the lacing with grommets to squeeze more
life out of them.

Also, it was great to hang with you and your daughter in Minny. How's
that ankle?

Tommy

Old August 13th 03, 12:20 PM
U-Turn

The ankle is less swollen now that I've spent another 1800 miles in the
car. The Active Ankle I used on that leg was definitely a big
help.

I'd love to see a pic of your 661 mods.

It was great to meet you guys. Thanks again for the most excellent
unicycle storage help. It would have been a nightmare loading and
unloading all those unis every day twice a day!

--
U-Turn - Mounting a Revolution

Weep in the dojo... laugh in the battlefield.

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

Old August 13th 03, 09:38 PM
merrill

I just bought the last size 44 direct from 661. They had to go
scrounging around the warehouse and finally found a pair. Since the
pair had no box they knocked $15 off.

I mentioned to the women who handled my order the problem with the
eyelets and she said she would forward my comments to the designers who
are working on the 2004 version. Hopefully they will go back to good
old fashioned metal grommets.

Joe