So NO on the Cinelli Super Corsa!! What about a Ritchey Road Logic...or Richard Sachs??

Old July 28th 03, 10:44 PM
Eurastus

Default So NO on the Cinelli Super Corsa!! What about a Ritchey Road Logic...or Richard Sachs??

After the quite active discussion on the Cinelli Super Corsa, I've decided this
isn't the one for me. I do appreciate your collective opinions...I really do.

What about the Ritchey Road Logic? I know it's not lugged; it's either TIG
welded or fillet brazed (by Tom himself, I understand, if you want to spring
for the extra cost).
I sure do love the blue with white panels that appears to be a standard paint
scheme. I'm inclined to think it's a decent design, what with Tom being around
the block on a road bike a few times himself. I've owned a number of Ritchey
Logic parts (pedals, bars, stems, etc.) over the years and have been very
pleased with them. They've given me good value, low weight, and what I would
consider decent design. I'm aware that they're all sourced out of Taiwan, but
appear to be good quality nonetheless.

The Road Logic seems available at $900-$1000; a LBS has one for $999 in stock
that's my size, though in a God-awful yellow/white--guy says he'd order the
blue/white and could have it in 7 days.

Maybe this price is now getting close enough to a custom frame price that I
should consider that.

I do dearly love the Richard Sachs frames I've seen (all two of them), but am a
little scared of the $2500+ I understand they run and the 9-12 month wait-time
I was told they require. I remember a wonderful red/white Sachs I rode beside
for a number of miles during a mid-80's Markleeville Death Ride. That was a
real head-turner frame.

I'm not in a terrible rush, but waiting a year for a Sachs seems a little too
long.

Your thoughts?

Thanks much...

Old July 28th 03, 11:38 PM
Dave Thompson

"Eurastus" wrote in message

Snip
I do dearly love the Richard Sachs frames I've seen (all two of them), but

am a
little scared of the $2500+ I understand they run and the 9-12 month

wait-time
I was told they require. I'm not in a terrible rush, but waiting a year

for a Sachs seems a little too
long.

Your thoughts?
Snip

ONLY a year wait for a Sachs?! My understanding is the wait is at least 18
months actually closer to 2 years. You might have a look at Dave Kirk's
frames: www.kirkframeworks.com A good guy, excellent builder.

Old July 29th 03, 02:53 AM
KB

How about a custom Eddy Merckx lugged MX Leader (as used by Motorola, etc.),
built in belgium, custom geometry and choice of paint, about a 3-4 month
wait, about 1400 from www.bikyle.com

Old July 29th 03, 03:28 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

KB wrote in message ...
How about a custom Eddy Merckx lugged MX Leader (as used by Motorola, etc.),
built in belgium, custom geometry and choice of paint, about a 3-4 month
wait, about 1400 from www.bikyle.com

Oh no, not the mx leader! I thought that slug was long
dead and buried where it shoudl be. At 6 lbs just for
the frame and fork it's way too heavy to ride.

Lance dispised that thing when he had to ride it for
the mid '90s spring classics.

The corny looking lug work and box crown make it look
like something out of the comic books.

Old July 29th 03, 04:24 AM
Robin Hubert

"Eurastus" wrote in message
[...]

Buy yourself a superb Waterford-made Gunnar ($700) or such if you don't
mind 2cm sizing (Custom for $1K) , or flip for something else if you have
more money to blow. Gunnars are most often delivered within two weeks
(custom is about 4-6weeks now).

--
Robin Hubert

Old July 29th 03, 06:27 AM
Mike S.

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" wrote in message
. ca...

KB wrote in message ...
How about a custom Eddy Merckx lugged MX Leader (as used by Motorola,

etc.),
built in belgium, custom geometry and choice of paint, about a 3-4 month
wait, about 1400 from www.bikyle.com

Oh no, not the mx leader! I thought that slug was long
dead and buried where it shoudl be. At 6 lbs just for
the frame and fork it's way too heavy to ride.

Lance dispised that thing when he had to ride it for
the mid '90s spring classics.

The corny looking lug work and box crown make it look
like something out of the comic books.

I had some friends back when that had Max forks. They seemed to break with
fair frequency...

Mike

Old July 29th 03, 12:27 PM
John Carrier

A Richard Sachs would definitely be on my short list. You might also
consider Tom Kellogg (Spectrum cycles). I've attached a link that puts
together some of the better custom builders in the business.

http://www.sandsmachine.com/fbplist.htm

R / John

Old July 30th 03, 10:17 PM
Tim McNamara

I'll put a plug in for Ritchey. I have a Richey Road Classic and it's
the best handling bike I've ever ridden. It's superb.

The Road Logic uses the same tubes and geometry, but costs less due to
being TIG welded rather than fillet brazed. You could get two of them
for the cost of a Sachs, although the Sachs has its own mystique.