A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Bike thief thug jailed for 3 1/2 years - LONG

Old July 5th 20, 09:07 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]
external usenet poster

Default Bike thief thug jailed for 3 1/2 years - LONG

QUOTE:
A man who left a woman 'pouring with blood' when he attacked her after downing two bottles of spirits has been jailed.

Charlie Turner, 19, of Everest Road in S****horpe, appeared at Hull Crown Court for sentencing after attacking three women and a young girl, stealing a bike and biting a police officer.

Turner's crime spree happened on February 25 and began when he stole a bike from outside a block of flats on Eastgate in Goole.

Rachel Scott, prosecuting, told the court how Turner told one woman that he wanted to get into her flat and she told him no.

She said: "The defendant then took her bike and started to ride around the car park. A woman was visiting her friend at the flat and both of them leaned out of the window and he shouted, 'She can't have her bike'.

"They didn't take much notice. Some time later, one of the women needed to pick up her son from school and they went outside. He shouted, 'What are you looking at?' He rode the bike towards them and threw it over a car bonnet..

"He lunged at one of the women and she feared for her safety and ran inside to call the police."

Turner then approached the woman's friend, shouting, "Give me your phone you s***" before punching her and dragging her around by her hair.

The court heard that the woman thought she was punched around eight times and was left with bruising, swelling and patches from where her hair had been pulled out.

Miss Scott added: "Another neighbour saw this and she tried to get between them. He [Turner] took a step back and then punched her in the face.

"She felt pain in her left eye and blood was pouring down her face. She asked why he was hitting her, he took a step back and went away and called the police."

She was left with bruising and swelling. Turner's offending then continued.

When police attended, they found him to be in possession of a kitchen knife of around eight inches long and Turner was arrested.

During the journey to the police station, he became agitated and violent with officers, biting one of them on both arms.

Miss Scott told the court: "He was taken to the car and sat in the back. He got upset and said he was 'always getting arrested' and said he wanted to kill himself. He continued to struggle with officers and at one point managed to free his legs and began kicking in the area of the driver."

Turner struggled so much police had to pull the car over and he attempted to run into traffic.

Miss Scott added: "He tried to jump out of the car. A police constable managed to get him in and he was kicking him in the back seat.

"When the police constable tried to close the door he kept kicking out and then bit down on the PC's left arm. He pushed the defendant's head away from him but he bit him again on his right arm.

"He [Turner] began to calm him down and was taken to custody."

In a victim impact statement read out to the court, one of Turner's victims told how she had been left "nervous and scared" after the attack.

She said: "I believe he is capable of seriously hurting somene."

Another said: "I would like to say how traumatised I am. It was an unprovoked attack and I have no idea why he would want to hurt me when I barely know him. It is the first time something like this has happened to me."

Mitigating, Richard Lunn told the court Turner had had a troubled upbringing and said he had drunk two bottles of spirits before the events of February 25.

He said: "It is clear he was having an episode. He doesn't recall how he came about the knife but accepts it was on him when he was arrested.

"This is his first experience of custody and around three to four weeks after he was taken into custody lockdown came into force and he was in his cell for 23 and a half hours a day and it has been a very, very difficult time.."

The court heard Turner has previous convictions for battery and harrassment and was the subject of a community order at the time of the offences in February.

Judge John Thackray sentenced Turner to three years and seven months imprisonment for the catalogue of offences.

The judge told him: "You have been given many chances and golden opportunities to change your ways and you have continued to commit offences and the time has now arrived that you must receive a significant custodial sentence."

Turner will serve up to half of his sentence in custody, and the remaining on licence in the community.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...ranger-4208568
Ads
Old July 6th 20, 06:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_12_]
external usenet poster

Default Bike thief thug jailed for 3 1/2 years - LONG

On 05/07/2020 21:07, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:
A man who left a woman 'pouring with blood' when he attacked her after downing two bottles of spirits has been jailed.

Charlie Turner, 19, of Everest Road in S****horpe, appeared at Hull Crown Court for sentencing after attacking three women and a young girl, stealing a bike and biting a police officer.

Turner's crime spree happened on February 25 and began when he stole a bike from outside a block of flats on Eastgate in Goole.

Rachel Scott, prosecuting, told the court how Turner told one woman that he wanted to get into her flat and she told him no.

She said: "The defendant then took her bike and started to ride around the car park. A woman was visiting her friend at the flat and both of them leaned out of the window and he shouted, 'She can't have her bike'.

"They didn't take much notice. Some time later, one of the women needed to pick up her son from school and they went outside. He shouted, 'What are you looking at?' He rode the bike towards them and threw it over a car bonnet.

"He lunged at one of the women and she feared for her safety and ran inside to call the police."

Turner then approached the woman's friend, shouting, "Give me your phone you s***" before punching her and dragging her around by her hair.

The court heard that the woman thought she was punched around eight times and was left with bruising, swelling and patches from where her hair had been pulled out.

Miss Scott added: "Another neighbour saw this and she tried to get between them. He [Turner] took a step back and then punched her in the face.

"She felt pain in her left eye and blood was pouring down her face. She asked why he was hitting her, he took a step back and went away and called the police."

She was left with bruising and swelling. Turner's offending then continued.

When police attended, they found him to be in possession of a kitchen knife of around eight inches long and Turner was arrested.

During the journey to the police station, he became agitated and violent with officers, biting one of them on both arms.

Miss Scott told the court: "He was taken to the car and sat in the back. He got upset and said he was 'always getting arrested' and said he wanted to kill himself. He continued to struggle with officers and at one point managed to free his legs and began kicking in the area of the driver."

Turner struggled so much police had to pull the car over and he attempted to run into traffic.

Miss Scott added: "He tried to jump out of the car. A police constable managed to get him in and he was kicking him in the back seat.

"When the police constable tried to close the door he kept kicking out and then bit down on the PC's left arm. He pushed the defendant's head away from him but he bit him again on his right arm.

"He [Turner] began to calm him down and was taken to custody."

In a victim impact statement read out to the court, one of Turner's victims told how she had been left "nervous and scared" after the attack.

She said: "I believe he is capable of seriously hurting somene."

Another said: "I would like to say how traumatised I am. It was an unprovoked attack and I have no idea why he would want to hurt me when I barely know him. It is the first time something like this has happened to me."

Mitigating, Richard Lunn told the court Turner had had a troubled upbringing and said he had drunk two bottles of spirits before the events of February 25.

He said: "It is clear he was having an episode. He doesn't recall how he came about the knife but accepts it was on him when he was arrested.

"This is his first experience of custody and around three to four weeks after he was taken into custody lockdown came into force and he was in his cell for 23 and a half hours a day and it has been a very, very difficult time."

The court heard Turner has previous convictions for battery and harrassment and was the subject of a community order at the time of the offences in February.

Judge John Thackray sentenced Turner to three years and seven months imprisonment for the catalogue of offences.

The judge told him: "You have been given many chances and golden opportunities to change your ways and you have continued to commit offences and the time has now arrived that you must receive a significant custodial sentence."

Turner will serve up to half of his sentence in custody, and the remaining on licence in the community.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news...ranger-4208568

Terrible behaviour.

He IS a cyclist, yes?