I need a new bag

Old August 1st 03, 05:20 AM
Praz

Default I need a new bag

I need a laptop bag. I currently have a TImbuk2 Computer bag and
don't really like it all that much. I am in Law School and after I
shove my laptop in there I have bearly enough room for two normal
sized law books. I have used this for a semster and don't really like
it all that much. First off the size is too small so I need a bigger
bag. My Timbuk2 bag was the middle size. Second I don't feel very
safe with my laptop in the bag. It shifts around a lot when riding
and I feel the bag bounce around a lot. Next I don't really feel that
the the bag is very conforable with a full load, I am always adusting
the bag to get it to fit just right. I figured out that instead of
getting a bag made specifcaly for laptops I should get a latptop
sleeve and then I can just shove that sleeve into a normal messanger
bag. What kinds of bags do you guys in cyber space recomend. I have
looked at Pac Design and was a little shocked by the sticker price,
but I am getting a good amount of $$ back from finacial aid so I can
cover the price. Dose anyone have any bad experiences with Pac or can
anyone recomend any bags that are cheaper than Pac? ALso I need to
find a decent laptop sleeve. I want somehting that is covered and
padded on all sides, inculding the top and bottom. I want a sleeve
that is streemlined: meaning I don't really care about extra pokets
and stuff. Just something that will protect my laptop. Thanks in
advanced for all the info. Peace.

P.S. I have a Timbuk2 bag for sale: Used for about 6 mth, it is
Black, blue and Black, and will sell for $75 or best offer. I live in
Lansing, Mi. area but can ship if needed.
Old August 1st 03, 01:49 PM
Andrew Morris

take a look at www.kathmandu.com.au and check out the Underground
(http://www.kathmandu.com.au/kat/fmpf....fp5&-format=p
roducts%5faus.htm&-lay=www&-sortfield=parent%3a%3arec%5forder&-sortfield=rec
%5forder&Prod%5fStatus=Active&-op=eq&Parent%5fID=24&-max=1&-skip=1&-find=)

I've had one for some time now, and commute with it daily... plenty of room
for the laptop, and also for a shirt, notepad, and hydration system
bladder...

om...

Old August 1st 03, 03:57 PM
chris freeman

Check out Arkel http://www.arkel-od.com/text_index.html

I've used several of their bags and they are top notch.

chris

Praz wrote:

I need a laptop bag.

Old August 11th 03, 09:06 PM
Luigi de Guzman

I carry mine, when I need to, in a laptop sleeve inside my Timbuk2
bag, the big one (DeeDog). , waterproof as you care (stuff stays dry
in England. 'nuff said)
fits me fine; anything bigger would have been too big, anything
smaller would have been uncomfortably small--this size slings across
my back easily.

I am however a lot wider than the rest of the bikie population.

-Luigi