Special TdF Stage 20 US Postal Jerseys

Old August 2nd 03, 10:54 PM
Jack19446

Default Special TdF Stage 20 US Postal Jerseys

Are the special jerseys that the US Postal team wore only for Stage 20
of the Tour de France available for retail purchase?
Old August 3rd 03, 04:04 AM
Jack19446

Well then where have you seen them advertised?

"Rich Clark" wrote in message ...
"Jack19446" wrote in message
om...
Are the special jerseys that the US Postal team wore only for Stage 20
of the Tour de France available for retail purchase?

You betcha. And the marketing genius at Nike who thoght the whole thing up
and promised to pay the team's fines in advance is very pleased that you
asked.

RichC

Old August 3rd 03, 07:13 PM
Jack19446

The Stage 20 Heritage jersey is NOT on nike.com!

"D.Putnam" wrote in message ...
Check NIKE.com...it's there

om...

Old August 4th 03, 12:19 AM
B a r r y B u r k e J r .

On 3 Aug 2003 11:13:26 -0700, (Jack19446) wrote:

The Stage 20 Heritage jersey is NOT on nike.com!

See you local Trek dealer, FAST! G

Barry
Old August 4th 03, 02:07 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

Kevan Smith wrote in message ...

The real question: Will this be the U.S. Postal kit that Fabrizio will wear?

That was a one day only jersey, if I sign with USPS for next season
I will be in the regular USPS kit.

But Bruyneel wouldn't want a major talent like me on
the same team as that egotistcal(sp?) all talk and no
show Lance, he needs riders with no personal ambition
excecpt to ride for Lance.

Old August 4th 03, 03:17 AM
Sorni

"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" wrote in message
news

Kevan Smith wrote in message ...

The real question: Will this be the U.S. Postal kit that Fabrizio will

wear?

That was a one day only jersey, if I sign with USPS for next season
I will be in the regular USPS kit.

But Bruyneel wouldn't want a major talent like me on
the same team as that egotistcal(sp?) all talk and no
show Lance, he needs riders with no personal ambition
excecpt to ride for Lance.

It's ironic that what you left out of "egotistical" was 'I'.

Me Myself Bill

Old August 4th 03, 04:25 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

Kevan Smith wrote in message ...
On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 01:07:32 GMT, "Fabrizio Mazzoleni" from
Shaw Residential Internet wrote:

But Bruyneel wouldn't want a major talent like me on
the same team as that egotistcal(sp?) all talk and no
show Lance ....

Didn't he just win some crappy crit, though?

Well where was he in April when guys like me
were battling in out on the Murs of Flanders and
into the wind off the North Sea ? He was doing
easy build up miles in Texas and eating TexMex
at Chuy's!

Tell you what really ticks me off, last Thrusday I was
at the Sunglass Hut checking myself out in the
mirror wearing the Black Chrome O Matter Straight
Jacket titanium Iridium Oakleys, when I looked behind
me what did I see? That new damn poster advertising
the M frames with Lance in it, and it looks like he's
wearing a replica yellow jersey of all things, sorry
Lance you have to earn that one.

Guys like Koblet, Gaul, Maes, and Ocana earned it by
riding the tour themselves, not by having a U.S. money
bag team buy guys like Beltran, Heras, Rubiera and
Hincapie drag him over the Cols of the Pyrenees.