I hate Harley Davidson!

Old August 6th 03, 03:29 PM
Robin Hubert

Default I hate Harley Davidson!

... or at least, the image.

The next time some idiot blasts past me and rips the throttle for my
amusement I'm going to knock them off their bikes at the next stop, if I
catch them. If these pukes keep waking me up every morning blasting their
over-priced noise-makers past my apartment, I'm going to take up street-side
protest with a sign that says "Harley riders are pussys!"

****ing children. I wish my taxes would enforce laws to force these
assholes to muffle these over-priced ego builders.

Anyone else want to throw rocks at these idiots?

--
Robin Hubert

Old August 6th 03, 04:42 PM

Robin Hubert wrote:
: ... or at least, the image.

: The next time some idiot blasts past me and rips the throttle for my
: amusement I'm going to knock them off their bikes at the next stop, if I
: catch them. If these pukes keep waking me up every morning blasting their
: over-priced noise-makers past my apartment, I'm going to take up street-side
: protest with a sign that says "Harley riders are pussys!"

: ****ing children. I wish my taxes would enforce laws to force these
: assholes to muffle these over-priced ego builders.

: Anyone else want to throw rocks at these idiots?

: --
: Robin Hubert

They are annoying, but they are also very easy to share the road with when
riding your bike.

--------------------------------
Bob Masse'
--------------------------------

Old August 6th 03, 05:00 PM
Sorni

"Robin Hubert" wrote in message
nk.net...
... or at least, the image.

The next time some idiot blasts past me and rips the throttle for my
amusement I'm going to knock them off their bikes at the next stop, if I
catch them. If these pukes keep waking me up every morning blasting their
over-priced noise-makers past my apartment, I'm going to take up

street-side
protest with a sign that says "Harley riders are pussys!"

****ing children. I wish my taxes would enforce laws to force these
assholes to muffle these over-priced ego builders.

Dammit, Robin, you're never going to get your point across until you learn
to just say what you mean!

Mountain Bikers Get It From Dirt Bikers* Too Bill

*there _are_ a few considerate ones, but far between it seems

Old August 6th 03, 05:03 PM
Rick Onanian

On Wed, 06 Aug 2003 14:29:34 GMT, Robin Hubert
wrote:
Anyone else want to throw rocks at these idiots?

No, but I'd like to get a rice-burning crotch-rocket
and run circles around them.

--
Robin Hubert

--
Rick Onanian
Old August 6th 03, 07:02 PM
Boyd Speerschneider

Rick Onanian wrote in
news
wrote:
Anyone else want to throw rocks at these idiots?

No, but I'd like to get a rice-burning crotch-rocket
and run circles around them.

--
Robin Hubert

That's the spirit!!!
Old August 6th 03, 07:05 PM
one of the six billion

"Robin Hubert" wrote in message
nk.net...
... or at least, the image.

The next time some idiot blasts past me and rips the throttle for my
amusement I'm going to knock them off their bikes at the next stop, if I
catch them. If these pukes keep waking me up every morning blasting

their
over-priced noise-makers past my apartment, I'm going to take up

street-side
protest with a sign that says "Harley riders are pussys!"

****ing children. I wish my taxes would enforce laws to force these
assholes to muffle these over-priced ego builders.

Anyone else want to throw rocks at these idiots?

Yep, I share your grievance, and I also think they're immature egotistical
idiots. The level of noise pollution from the Harley style bikes is
outrageous and actually violent. When they go by and my child starts
screaming I have to work to relax through my feelings of animosity. I also
have similar issues when the road racer style motorcyclists go screaming
past me on twisty mountain roads at speeds of 20-50 mph above the speed
limit.

Old August 6th 03, 07:41 PM
Max

In article et,
"Robin Hubert" wrote:

Anyone else want to throw rocks at these idiots?

I have noticed a tendency, when riding out in the country, for Harley
riders to coast the last half mile or so to me and then drop in the
clutch in a roar of backfiring fury just as they pass...

I find it exhilirating, and the pee in my bike shorts helps me stay
cooler.

..max

--
the part of
was played by maxwell monningh 8-p
Old August 6th 03, 08:09 PM
Stephen Harding

Max wrote:

I have noticed a tendency, when riding out in the country, for Harley
riders to coast the last half mile or so to me and then drop in the
clutch in a roar of backfiring fury just as they pass...

I've never had problems with the Harley riders. Generally it's the
kiddies on the rice rockets that are the annoyance.

Had one child swing over into the wide road shoulder to come up next
to me, then give the throttle a couple screaming blips and roared off.

Had his girlfriend on the back so I presume this was supposed to be a
very impressive technical maneuvre in this dimwit's feeble brain. If
the babe was impressed, they deserve each other.

I do love the look and sound of a Hog though!

SMH
Old August 6th 03, 09:22 PM
Bill Davidson

Robin Hubert wrote:
... or at least, the image.

The next time some idiot blasts past me and rips the throttle for my
amusement I'm going to knock them off their bikes at the next stop, if I
catch them. If these pukes keep waking me up every morning blasting their
over-priced noise-makers past my apartment, I'm going to take up street-side
protest with a sign that says "Harley riders are pussys!"

****ing children. I wish my taxes would enforce laws to force these
assholes to muffle these over-priced ego builders.

Anyone else want to throw rocks at these idiots?

While I sympathize about the noise, it's not just Harley riders who
have inadequate mufflers. Most motorcycles on the road have them these
days. It's really annoying.

One thing I have noticed is that when a motorcycle is zipping in and
out of lanes through traffic and generally riding like a maniac, it
usually isn't someone on a Harley. For some reason, Harley riders
seem to be smarter riders than the average guy on a Japanese or German
motorcycle.

I think we do need to have and enforce tougher laws on the mufflers.

That protest sign is a bad idea. You will get your ass kicked.

--Bill Davidson
--
Please remove ".nospam" from my address for email replies.

I'm a 17 year veteran of usenet -- you'd think I'd be over it by now