10 stair rail grind video

Old August 19th 03, 11:23 PM
tugboat

Default 10 stair rail grind video

Hey everyone... i was out riding yesterday. i was doing pretty good and
met the top 2 skateboard filmers in my city. i decided to go try a 10
stair rail if they would film me. so i tried 4 times. the video is my
first and closest try. this is a round rail btw.

heres the link to my gallery: http://tinyurl.com/k0gw

see ya, Kevin

--
tugboat - crazy unier
tugboat's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3298

Old August 19th 03, 11:38 PM
tugboat

haha i forgot to say that it isnt landed. sorry for the dissappontment

Old August 20th 03, 12:17 AM
James

Awsome man! looking good!!!!

--
James
James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4185

Old August 20th 03, 12:19 AM
tugboat

thanks, but unfortunately, after the 4th try, my seat wasnt looking
good. i landed with pure ball-on-seat contact, and bent it beyond use.
so until i get a new saddle then i cant try it again.

Old August 20th 03, 01:30 AM
ratherbekayaking

tugboat wrote:
*Hey everyone... i was out riding yesterday. i was doing pretty good
and met the top 2 skateboard filmers in my city. i decided to go try a
10 stair rail if they would film me. so i tried 4 times. the video is
my first and closest try. this is a round rail btw.

heres the link to my gallery: http://tinyurl.com/k0gw

see ya, Kevin *

When I grow up, I want to be just like you..... Seriously!

I have never even attemped a rail grab, grind, or anything close.

That was a great attempt and I may soon try something like that if it's
2-3 stairs.

You'll have to post the vid when you land it.

ps..... my 56K modem thanks you for the small size.

--
ratherbekayaking - Level 3, minus the stomach thing

"Some people are born to lift heavy weights. Some are born to juggle
with golden balls." (Max Beerbohm)
ratherbekayaking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2330

Old August 20th 03, 01:56 AM
tugboat

haha, im livin with a 56k modem too... i know the feeling! if youre
gonna try a handrail, a good size to start with is 4 or 5. not too big,
but long enough to get a slide, not just a tap. good luck with it! how
many other people have tried grinding handrails....and how many have
been succesful... just curious.

see ya, Kevin

Old August 21st 03, 05:11 AM
gingerfreek

very cool video!

that's amazing keep up the good ridin'.

i think dan heaton has succesfully grinded a 6 set or something it's in
his gallery page, search for grind or uniryder and it will come up. it
may have been more steps i can't remember.

iain

--
gingerfreek - unicyclist of mass destruction.

I use my wheel as a weapon!
gingerfreek's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3507

Old August 23rd 03, 10:01 PM
tugboat

hey, i just got back form a conference so i havent had time to reply.
dan heaton has grinded an 8 stair round rail that ive seen, and dan
doerkson has done a 9 set rail i believe. im not quite sure if anyone
has done more. as for jumping higher, everyone has their own technique.
my personal way to do it is ride forward and then shift the momentum
into and explosive upward hop. once ive reached the peak and im fully
extended, i bend my knees and bring the wheel up to get some extra
height. ive never learned seat out hopping and im doing ok so far.

thats all i have to say, Kevin

Galibier ride video roadswag Racing 0 February 13th 04 11:29 PM
Galibier ride video roadswag Techniques 0 February 13th 04 11:29 PM
video producer seeking bicycle stunt riders for how-to video production David Welch General 0 February 6th 04 12:30 AM
Video producer seeking bicycle mechanic for how-to video production David Welch General 0 February 6th 04 12:30 AM