VIMW was dope!

Old August 25th 03, 04:48 AM
unibrow

Default VIMW was dope!

hey everyone,

VIMW was really cool. Kris holm, dan heaton and a bunch of awsome riders
were at the ride. Really great trails ( pics should be up soon) and
really great ppl. The universe 2 preview was really neat ( im not gunna
say anything about it ( dan) ). But ya if its gunna happen again next
year then i highly recomand it if u can make it.

laid her,

justin.

OH YA i gotta ride blue shift ( really cool )

--
unibrow - ROYAL RIDERS RULE )--(x)

[image: C:\Documents and Settings\Justin\My Documents\My
Pictures\justin.gif ]
unibrow's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2496

Old August 25th 03, 05:39 PM
harper

Dylan and Lauren organized a great MUni weekend on a shoestring budget.
They provided two fantastic (huge, inclusive, delicious) meals for the
weekend which required an enormous amount of preparation that Lauren did
pretty much single handedly. One of the trails was closed for the
Saturday ride and they were able to setup an alternate ride with a guide
by 10:00 AM on ride day. That's pretty impressive under-pressure
scrambling if you ask me.

Even beyond that, though, Dylan and his family were willing to open up
their backyard and home to the use of a bunch of strangers. This kind of
hospitality made it easy for folks on limited funds to stay in a central
area and, more so, stay together somewhat to make organizing a little
easier. Unicyclists seem to always be that accommodating.

I had a chance to meet new people! Greg Moore, Booger (Brian), Dale,
Justin, Byron, Caroline, Chex (Mike Carroll), and of course Lauren just
to name a few. I got to see Kris, Dan, Dylan, Jeff, Mike (who Rocks)
again and ride with my local boys, Jon McClintock and John Childs. I
apologize for any and all omissions. All of them were vicious, nasty
people like most unicyclists. There was such a huge variety of interests
and backgrounds represented there and not anywhere near enough time to
explore them all.

Then, there was the riding. Watching Dan, Dylan, and Jeff take apart the
driftwood at the beach trials barbeque was as awe inspiring as the
rainbow that followed the brief shower there. During the rain there was
the cooking of and endless supply of skewered goodies and oysters with
Thai BBQ sauce. As the light showers continued we were entertained by
the freestyle antics of some of the most talented riders around on
trials unicycles.

Seeing John Childs tackle elevated skinny after elevated skinny on the
trail rides was as rewarding to me as watching Kris, Dan, Dylan, Justin,
and Jeff make the impossible appear to be second nature. That is, when I
could catch up to them. I spent alot of time using the heel of my hand
to close my gaping jaw and the rest of the time brushing dirt off of
myself from the many spills that some seem able to avoid. I also got to
try things I would not otherwise get to do.

Doing short trail segments with new people like Chex, Dale, and Booger
was as instructional as always. It's always nice to see someone slightly
better than you doing the stuff that you're just ready to start trying
yourself. The learning process is clearer than watching it done by
someone to whom the skill has become too easy.

Many thanks to Dylan and his family for their incredible hospitality.
Many thanks to Lauren for her Herculean efforts at organization. Many
thanks to all of the participants and new friends that I have made
because, without them, these events could not and would not exist.

--
harper - Old dog, no tricks

-Greg Harper

B L U E S H I F T

"Are you OK???" - Just about anyone I've ever ridden with

Old August 25th 03, 06:07 PM
JonM

I had a great time at VIMW, even though most of the riding was way
beyond my abilities.

I'd like to say thanks to Dylan and Laura, for putting on such an
awesome event, Greg for showing me the way and lending me his pillow,
Byron for giving me rides everywhere, and everyone else for being so
cool.

-Jon

--
JonM - My other wheel is in my mouse...
JonM's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1759

Old August 25th 03, 09:56 PM
Dylan Wallinger

On behalf of Lauren and Myself, We'd like to thank all of those that
were in attendance of this year's event, for putting up with us and
making this event possible. We hope to see you, along with a bunch of
other riders, here next year. Thanks once again.

-Dylan and Lauren

--
Dylan Wallinger
Dylan Wallinger's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3797

Old August 26th 03, 04:38 AM
gmoore

Lauren, Dylan - I can't say enough. Thanks for a wonderful weekend.

I've uploaded four pics to the VIMU 2003 gallery at:

http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/album27

Cheers, Greg

--
gmoore
gmoore's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/676

Old August 26th 03, 05:15 AM
Checkernuts

Well this was the first big muni weekend I've been to and I dont think
words can express how much fun I had. It was really cool to meet riders
from all over north america.

Thank you lauren and dylan.

I'll see you guys next year. with or without a officially planned Muni
weekend.

Mike aka Chex

--
Checkernuts - Me Fail English? That's Unpossible

See interviews, product reviews, and places to ride, and for all the
latest in the Trials scene
www.momentumbicycletrials.com

Unicycles are welcome dont let the name scare you.
__________________
No one said it was gonna be easy and I'm not afraid to try, with the
odds stacked up against me I will have to fight, One Life One Wheel got
to do it right. H20
Checkernuts's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/801

Old August 26th 03, 06:02 AM
Max_Dingemans

do I dare look at the pictures of the masses of fun I would have been
having had I not been injured...?

--
Max_Dingemans - Hey Look, who's that?

"And when the sky darkens and the prospect is war
Who's given the gun and then pushed to the fore
And expected to die for the land of our birth
Though we've never owned one lousy handful of earth"
Max_Dingemans's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1981

Old August 26th 03, 06:16 AM
Mike Rocks

Thank-you both, Dylan and Lauren for organizing a great event. I enjoyed
the daily rides and the banquet dinner at the Edgewater Bistro.
Thank-you Dan for the preview of Universe II was great, I can hardly
wait for the video to be out. Thanks for donating a copy of Universe II
for the door prize draw. As well thanks to Darren of Bedford Unicycles
for donating some hats and t-shirts and to Kris Holm for donating a DVD
for the draw.

Thanks to Lauren for the spagetti dinner on Sunday night, it was
delicious and we had the good company of John Childs. As most people
needed to leave Sunday afternoon. We stayed around to take-up the
slack.

It was great to meet new friends from various parts of North America and
to see old friends again. Thanks to my wife for coming and driving some
of us around to the different trails.

Thanks to Harper for bringing Blue Shift. I had fun learning to
freemount it and to ride it. It sure is fun, but it is a bit of a mind
shift. As it looks like a small wheel (29er) but it rides like the big
one (Coker) but bigger. I think I might have to get one when they are
available.

--
Mike Rocks - Vancouver rider

Mike Rocks
Mike Rocks's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1500

Old August 26th 03, 10:49 AM
GILD

harper wrote:
*It's always nice to see someone slightly better than you doing the
stuff that you're just ready to start trying yourself. The learning
process is clearer than watching it done by someone to whom the skill
has become too easy. *

this is freaky
i've just noticed the same phenomenon in my rock climbing over the past
two or three weeks and it was quite strange to c it so well explained
and related to something completely different

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser

The second half of a man's life is made up of nothing but the habits he
has
acquired during the first half.
-- Fyodor Dostoevsky

'pleez check this out' (http://www.reuniteluna.com/)

JUST SAY 'KNOW'!

Namaste!
Dave

Old August 27th 03, 06:19 AM
harper

The only photos I have of VIMW are of Jon McClintock satisfying
condition 11 of the "Where You Have Ridden" section of the Unicycle
Fanatic test. Here's a sample.

| Attachment filename: jon.jpg |
|Download attachment: http://www.unicyclist.com/attachment/158846|

Vimw unilaur Unicycling 1 August 16th 03 12:07 PM
Dope tests? Merovingian Racing 4 August 5th 03 10:21 PM