Log in problems

Old August 28th 03, 05:22 PM
Gilby

Default Log in problems

You'll get this if you do not have cookie enabled. You should be able to
turn them on in the preferences of your web browser. Or, you can go in
to the control panel on this site and change the setting to browse the
forums without cookies. To do this, click the "user cp" button above,
then click the "Edit Options" link. Then change the option titled as
"Browse board with cookies?"

--
Gilby - Unicyclist.com Webmaster
Gilby's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1

Old August 28th 03, 05:43 PM
Mikefule

Apparent success!

I had assumed it was a cookie acceptance problem (as Rosanne explained
to her therapist), I'm on Windows Me, and that doesn't have a simple
enable/disable option. Still, I found a range of possible settings
under 'Privacy' and have reset it to a level where I not only get
cookies, but glasses of warm milk. On the downside, Bill Gates can now
adjust my living room lights at will...

Half my computer problems come from using AOL, the other half from
upgrading a perfectly good computer a couple of years back.

Thanks for your help, folks.

--
Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we
fall."
Confucius

Old August 29th 03, 07:38 AM
Phil_Donaldson

Mikefule wrote:
*Half my computer problems come from using AOL*

Only half? You can count yourself lucky.

--
Phil_Donaldson
Phil_Donaldson's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3908