London (UK) beginner seeks uni club

Old August 29th 03, 03:42 PM
shave

Default London (UK) beginner seeks uni club

Comrades!

Can't believe I have just bought a unicycle! Well, I should own up.
It's a few weeks old now and still remains unmastered, but I must
learn!

I have been trying, oh yes, and with some improvement. But perhaps not
as frequently as I should thought I've probably not been at it for more
than a few hours .... So is there a club in London which regularly
meets which can help L-platers like me?? I think it would encourage me
to get going and no doubt there'd be a few tips for me along the way!

--
shave
shave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4365

Old August 29th 03, 03:54 PM
thinuniking

try unicycle.org.uk they have some clubs on that page one or two london
ones i think.

--
thinuniking - started trails unicycling

i have given up the wheel to live
thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294

Old September 1st 03, 03:32 PM
shave

had a look and mailed the London club in Croydon. Thanks for the link.
Unfortunately he hasn't yet got back to me and the web page stipulated
is defunct so I think this one might be a no-goer. Has anyone been to
the Croydon Circus Skills club in recent weeks or months?

Does anyone go to a more advanced uni club perhaps? How did you lot all
learn - on your own??? Looks like I might have to do it the hard way

--
shave - L-plater
shave's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4365

Old September 1st 03, 03:47 PM
GILD

shave wrote:
* How did you lot all learn - on your own??? Looks like I might have
to do it the hard way *

i hate to be the one to break it to u...
i think the hard way is the only way

it takes more practise than u can now understand and as soon as u've
mastered it, u forget all about the practising
untill u want to learn how to idle...

i learnt from charlie dancey's k 'how to ride your unicycle'

the 'search' function on this forum will lead u to reams of tips and
pointers as u start the journey

tell us about osme of the sites u see

--
GILD - Waffle-tosser

The only difference between me and a madman is that i'm not mad.
Pablo Picasso

'this will only take a minute...'
(http://www.burmacampaign.org.uk/actions/un.htm/)

JUST SAY 'KNOW'!

Namaste!
Dave

Old September 1st 03, 04:15 PM
thinuniking

i got that book with my uni on my b-day but it does not help much with
more advanced things it just tells you about them .but to help learn
it is great!!

--
thinuniking - started trails unicycling

i have given up the wheel to live
thinuniking's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4294

Beginner to racer, bikers can find niche Garrison Hilliard General 0 July 1st 04 05:59 PM
Christian Cycling Club? Ro Racing 2 May 3rd 04 06:24 AM
Bicycling In London AMollitor General 2 September 21st 03 08:34 AM