Reverse vision glasses...

Old August 30th 03, 01:02 PM
Uniwitold

Default Reverse vision glasses...

Sombody mentioned of existence of this kind of glasses(?mirors
incorporated). Unfortunately I was not succesful in finding the thread
mentioning the subject.
May I ask for kind advice where to get such an appliance.
In anticipation.
Uniwitold.

--
Uniwitold

Veni !Vidi !Mount !
Uniwitold's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/2181

Old August 30th 03, 03:07 PM
UniBrier

These guys have one that sticks onto the lens.

http://www.cycleaware.com/index.asp

http://www.cycleaware.com/products/view-point.asp

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve DeKoekkoek - I've got a one track mind.
UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404

Old August 30th 03, 06:14 PM
Danny Colyer

Rowan wrote:
You can get them from 'Unicycle.com'
(http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=367).

Links to the glasses mounting 3rd Eye. Also available in a h*lm*t
mounting version.

I uses a glasses mounting 3rd Eye on my recumbent (bike) and on my
Coker. I highly recommend it. Not sure it's what the OP was really
after, though. I think he wanted something where the outer edges of the
lenses on the inside are silvered. I bought something similar many
years ago from the jokes section of Boggle (a juggling shop that I
worked in when I was a student). I wouldn't recommend them for riding
in, and I don't know where you might find a pair now. (Of course, a
joke shope might be worth a look).

--
Danny Colyer (remove safety to reply) ( http://www.juggler.net/danny )
Recumbent cycle page: http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/recumbents/

Old August 30th 03, 06:23 PM
Mike Rocks

Here's something different. It is a helmet from England which has a rear
view mirror built into it.
Here is a link ot the site. http://www.reevu.com/

--
Mike Rocks - Vancouver rider

Mike Rocks
Mike Rocks's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1500

Old September 1st 03, 10:20 AM
Uniwitold

TU very much Gents for the guidance re reverse mirror in the glases.
Uniwitold.

Old September 2nd 03, 03:51 AM
daino149

While on a 13 mile ride the other day, I was wishing I had some sort of
mirror. On my road bike, I used to have a mirror on the end of my
handle bar. This worked well on my bike, but wouldn't work on my uni at
all. I have tried the type of mirror, which attaches to your glasses,
but it didn't work very well because of the vibration. The last mirror
I tried was one that is glued to the inside of your riding glasses.
These didn't work at all, mostly because of the wraparound nature of my
Oaks.

The solution that I came up with was to hold a mirror. I was thinking
that I could use the one that broke off of my bike when I dropped it.
The mirror is intact and has a nice convex shape, which allows a greater
field of view.

I haven't had a chance to test my idea, so I was wondering if anyone
elsy has tried holding a mirror when they ride.

Daniel

--
daino149 - How's it going, Texas?

A One That Isn't Cold Is Scardely A One At All

Old September 2nd 03, 11:28 PM
Adrian

Always wondered how safe it is to mount a mirror right next to your eye
in this fashion. Even assuming the mirror is shatterproof etc., I'd've
imagined hitting it at the right angle would force the mounting arm into
your eye.

Obviously you're less prone to UPDing though, because you don't have to
look back.

--
Adrian - Experienced Faller Offer
Adrian's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4008

Old September 3rd 03, 01:45 AM
john_childs

Adrian wrote:
*Always wondered how safe it is to mount a mirror right next to your
eye in this fashion. Even assuming the mirror is shatterproof etc.,
I'd've imagined hitting it at the right angle would force the mounting
arm into your eye.

Obviously you're less prone to UPDing though, because you don't have
to look back. *

I used a third eye mirror on my glasses back when I was a roadie (road
bicyclist). The mirror works great and makes it MUCH safer to ride on
the side of the road next to traffic. When I was riding my road bike I
wouldn't go on a ride without the mirror and a helmet. I really like
being able to know when a semi truck is going to pass me or if a car is
drifting off the side of the road, if a car is moving over when they
pass or are hugging the fog line, etc. Those are all critical things to
keeping you alive when playing in traffic on a road bike.

I haven't used the mirror while riding my Coker because I don't ride the
Coker on the road with traffic. All my Coker riding is on bike trails.
But if I do get the crazy urge to play in traffic with my Coker I'll use
the Third Eye mirror.

The mirror is stable as long as your glasses fit snugly. The image in
the mirror doesn't bounce around too much. There are helmet mounted
mirrors that stick on your helmet rather than clip on to your glasses.
The helmet mounted ones are more wiggly because the helmet moves around
more than your glasses do so the image in the helmet mounted mirrors
does bounce around more.

The mirror may be a little tricky on a uni because a lot of people bob
their head as they ride. On a road bike your head is still and steady
so the image in the mirror will also be still and steady. I think I'll
have to try the mirror on the Coker once just to see what it's like and
see if I bob my head a lot.

I wouldn't use the mirror on a muni or a mountain bike where you are
more likely to crash on your helmet. Endos on a MTB are very common.
On a road uni (like the Coker) or a road bike you are not going to crash
on to your head so there is very little danger of the mirror arm getting
poked in your eye. Anyways, the mirror arm mount is back behind your
eye closer to your temple so it would take a pretty weird crash to get
it to poke in your eye anyways.

--
john_childs - Guinness Mojo

john_childs (at) hotmail (dot) com

Old March 3rd 05, 02:15 AM
Chrashing

Has anyone tried these rear view glasses? I'm thinking about trying a
pair.

http://www.tbotech.com/spyglasses.htm

The 'Modern' pair look OK.

--
Chrashing - Just Lucky

Regards,
Chrashing
Chrashing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7501

Old March 3rd 05, 04:01 AM
mgrant

I had heard good things about the 3rd eye mirror that attaches to
eyeglasses. Last summer I got one to use for my Coker commute.
Unfortunately my experience is not as positive as JF and JC.

You see, I wear prescription glasses. In order for the mirror to "see"
behind me it had to be positioned such that my eye had to look outside
of my prescription lens.

Being able to see what's behind you as a big blurry mess is not much
more helpful than not being able to see behind at all.

-mg

--
mgrant - Ever hoping for the best!

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older, shorter of
breath, and one day closer to death.
michael_j_grant (at) yahoo (dot) com
Gallery: http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery/Michael_Grant/
mgrant's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/440