Looking for uni club in SF Bay Area

Old August 30th 03, 11:41 PM
Pauline and Simon Thaler

Default Looking for uni club in SF Bay Area

My daughter has been riding for 3 months and I'm just starting. Are there
any uni clubs in the SF Bay Area (preferably in the
Berkeley/Richmond/Oakland area) that any of you are aware of? I figure the
best way for us to learn is to be around other riders. Any help that you
can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Simon Thaler

Old August 31st 03, 08:22 AM
gerblefranklin

There is unicycle basketball in Berkeley at Berkely high, on Channing,
near Downtown Berkely BART. All levels are welcome, you don't even need
to be able to ride. We meet around 6 or 6:30 every Wednesday at the
basketball courts, we're hard to miss. There are a bunch of great riders
who are usually quite eager to give a new rider tips and some help. Very
helpful and encouraging.

You could also check the Berkely juggling association, or something.
Mabey a google search.
Hope that helps,
bye

--
gerblefranklin

If life had a meaning, would you want to know it?

Old September 2nd 03, 12:15 AM
Pauline and Simon Thaler

Sounds great. We'll be there next week, Sept. 10. Do you meet right on the
high school campus? I don't remember there being any courts on the campus
itself, but it has been some time since I've been there. Are they near the
football field? Thanks in advance.

Simon

"gerblefranklin" wrote in
message ...

Old September 2nd 03, 01:37 AM
gerblefranklin

It's actually across the street from the Berkeley High football field.
If you walk (or ride) on the sidewalk by the football field, you can see
the basketball courts across the street, kinda obscured by some foliage
and a fence. The best entrance is on the other side of the block, but
those are the best instructions I can give. It is hard to miss 6-14
unicyclists playing basketball, though.
Hope to see ya there!

Old September 2nd 03, 04:40 PM
Tom Holub

It's actually at Washington Elementary, across the street from Berkeley High,
at MLK and Bancroft.

In article uqQ4b.325949$o%2.150082@sccrnsc02,
Pauline and Simon Thaler wrote:
)Sounds great. We'll be there next week, Sept. 10. Do you meet right on the
)high school campus? I don't remember there being any courts on the campus
)itself, but it has been some time since I've been there. Are they near the
)football field? Thanks in advance.
)
)Simon
)
)"gerblefranklin" wrote in
)message ...
)
) There is unicycle basketball in Berkeley at Berkely high, on Channing,
) near Downtown Berkely BART. All levels are welcome, you don't even need
) to be able to ride. We meet around 6 or 6:30 every Wednesday at the
) basketball courts, we're hard to miss. There are a bunch of great riders
) who are usually quite eager to give a new rider tips and some help. Very
) helpful and encouraging.
)
) You could also check the Berkely juggling association, or something.
) Mabey a google search.
) Hope that helps,
) bye
)
)
) --
) gerblefranklin
)
) If life had a meaning, would you want to know it?
)
)
)
) ------------------------------------------------------------------------
) gerblefranklin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4295
) View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/27480
)
)
)

Old September 4th 03, 03:57 PM
UniBrier

Thanks Gal and Guys for a fun evening of Uni Basket Ball.

If you're ever in the Seattle area be sure look up us web footed
riders.

--
UniBrier - Its Time to Ride

Steve DeKoekkoek - I've got a one track mind.
UniBrier's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1404