Ping: Roger - Onza MUni ?'s

Old September 3rd 03, 08:28 PM
teachndad

Default Ping: Roger - Onza MUni ?'s

Roger,

I see the image is up on the Onza MUNi. Can you give us some specs?
Like:

Overall weight?

Will it take a 3.0 Gazz? If so, with how much side clearance?

Any frame weight?

Thanks

--
teachndad - The Munieer

Rod Wylie

You don't have to be a fantastic hero to do certain things -- to
compete. You can be just an ordinary chap, sufficiently motivated to
reach challenging goals. - Sir Edmund Hillary

teachndad's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/56

Old September 3rd 03, 08:39 PM
Eublapharis13

ya and check out the trials too!
http://tinyurl.com/xbd
it looks Awesome!
now it needs to come over here to the US

--
Eublapharis13 - Working on wheel walking

Half the Bike.....Twice the MAN!
Eublapharis13's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4065

Old September 4th 03, 07:39 AM
Cumbria_Muni&Trials_Club

Yes please Roger,

could you tell me if the frame will take a 3.0" Gazz.

If it does, is the tyre clearence bigger than a gnats dangly bits unlike
the Nimbus that fires out stones with alrming speed and precision at any
other rider within range (up to 10m).!!!

Simon

--
Cumbria_Muni&Trials_Club - The home of Mountain Uni in Cumbria

Welcome to Cumbria - take only pictures, leave only one wheel track

CumbriaMuni (dot) com
Cumbria_Muni&Trials_Club's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3758

Old September 4th 03, 09:34 AM
Nick Grey

teachndad wrote:

I see the image is up on the Onza MUNi. Can you give us some specs?

I can only get the small image, it 404s when I "click to see more".
--
Nick Grey
To e-mail me, add 0307 after my name in my e-mail address.

Old September 4th 03, 11:35 AM
Gumbo

Is there any chance of the KH24 being sold by unicycle.uk.com too?

And then there's the Max Traction too. I have no idea where my 200 to
250 quid should go.

A 24" wheel with a 3" Tyre does seem the way people are leaning now
though, so I'm curious about the onza tyre capacity too.

I'll ask again if anyone has experience of getting hold of a KH24 in the
UK, and if they have any idea about customs charges etc.

--
Gumbo
Gumbo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3258

Old September 5th 03, 02:31 PM
rogeratunicycledotcom

Sorry for being slow here.... was out last night getting the first
meeting going about the British Unicycle Convertion. It is going to be
so cool... you are all invited, please come.... Hmmmm slightly off topic
there!

http://www.unicycle.uk.com/Shop/onzamuni.htm?id=512
http://www.unicycle.uk.com/Shop/onzatrials.htm?id=164

These are the links to the full spec pages with all the information.

There are also the main differences between the old and new highlighted.
Bascially it is a cool unicycle! I am totally impressed.

The tyre on the 24" is not a 3" but a 2.6". It rides fantastically
though so don't be too disapointed.... it is about half the weight of a
Gaz or Contra tyres. It makes the unicycle feel totally different and
really nice - this is a really light unicycle! It will easily fit a
24"x3" tyre in the frame if that is what you are wanting.

Talking of light... Simon is now testing the new aluminium frame and it
looks like it may be holding up ok.

KH unicycles are about to leave Taiwan to come to the UK. They will be
on sale at the end of October.

I think that was all.... lots of questions! Ahhhh

Roger

--
rogeratunicycledotcom
rogeratunicycledotcom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4116

Old September 5th 03, 02:33 PM
rogeratunicycledotcom

Eublapharis13 wrote:
*ya and check out the trials too!
http://tinyurl.com/xbd
it looks Awesome!
now it needs to come over here to the US *

It is on the way to there now to the US, should arrive about Mid
November. :-)

Roger

Old September 5th 03, 03:20 PM
James_Potter

Speaking of Onza's, when is my trials one going to get here? I ordered
it about a month ago, then recieved an E-Mail saying that they need to
order new ones, then there was a post about it being shipped on the 26th
of August, so that means it should be here by now, so why isn't it?

--
James_Potter - Order of Merlin, first class

-"We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided."

--Albus Dumbledore-

Old September 5th 03, 06:01 PM
teachndad

6.5 kg is 14.32 lbs. Not bad, curious as to the weight of the alluminum
version when it comes out.

Still,this seems like a great MUNi.

Do the cranks have a Q- factor unlike the KH cranks?