Mountain Bikers Angry About Their Illegal Jump Being Destroyed (was They destroyed our jump spot :()

Old August 11th 04, 04:42 PM
spademan o---[\) *

Default Mountain Bikers Angry About Their Illegal Jump Being Destroyed (was They destroyed our jump spot :()

"Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:11:20 +0100, "spademan o---[\) *"
cc.gov.uk wrote:
.
.I feel your pain. Hope you can get another spot running, either through

the
.council or out of the way somewhere. Our local council just spent 20k on

.small cookie-cutter skatepark which although I'm grateful for means they
.won't donate any land for trails. At the moment we have a mutual

agreement
.on a privately owned piece of land. As long as we keep the place

relatively
.litter free and don't have any late night bonfires etc we're okay. The
.landowner figures we keep the land looking 'used' and stops people
.fly-tipping, gypsies camping there and leaving all kinds of ****

(literally)
.etc. Still have to put up with random acts of vandalism from people that
.ought to know better though.
.
.Steve.

Note the "entitlement attitude", fostered by IMBA, which encourages

mountain
bikers to do whatever they like to right this alleged "discrimination".

The only
mystery is why anyone supports them in taking land away from wildlife and

other
trail users....

You dope. The paths we maintain and clear are used by dog walkers and the
like which would not be possible if it weren't for our hard work. The area
is hardly prime wilderness, its on the outskirts of a town and as I stated
the fact that we keep the place tidy and in obvious use means that people
are less likely to dump garbage/stolen cars and other threats to wildlife
far more serious than a few paths.

Steve.

Old August 11th 04, 05:08 PM
S o r n i

cc.gov.uk wrote:
.
.I feel your pain. Hope you can get another spot running, either
through the .council or out of the way somewhere. Our local council
just spent 20k on a .small cookie-cutter skatepark which although
[...]

First of all, Steve, thanks for trimming the JILLION LINES of unintelligible
gobbledygook that Vandekook inexplicably attaches to such posts. Between
that and his ridiculous "one dot" quoting method ("style" clearly not
appropriate word), it's no wonder that NO ONE reads his rants 'n ramblings,
even if they were slightly interested.

Second, it should be pointed out that Vandecrit sees a pic of a muddy,
plowed hill -- no telling how much "habitat" was destroyed -- and rather
than condemn it, all he does is exploit it to advance his wacky, useless
"cause".

Bill "taste of bait in mouth, but so what" S.

Old August 13th 04, 03:02 AM
Mike Vandeman

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:42:41 +0100, "spademan o---[\) *"
cc.gov.uk wrote:

..
.."Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
. ..
.. On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:11:20 +0100, "spademan o---[\) *"
.. cc.gov.uk wrote:
.. .
.. .I feel your pain. Hope you can get another spot running, either through
..the
.. .council or out of the way somewhere. Our local council just spent 20k on
..a
[...]

BS. If it were so beneficial to wildlife & people, the local authorities would
have been glad to authorize it. They DIDN'T. You took the law into your own
hands, and now you expect SYMPATHY?! Ha ha ha.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old August 13th 04, 03:04 AM
Mike Vandeman

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 16:08:43 GMT, "S o r n i" wrote:

..spademan o---[) * wrote:
.. "Mike Vandeman" wrote in message
.. ...
.. On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 09:11:20 +0100, "spademan o---[\) *"
.. cc.gov.uk wrote:
.. .
[...]

Too bad you don't have the guts to tell the TRUTH: that it was created
ILLEGALLY. DUH! No wonder you guys get no respect: you haven't earned it.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old August 13th 04, 08:54 AM
spademan o---[\) *

cc.gov.uk wrote:

.You dope. The paths we maintain and clear are used by dog walkers and the
.like which would not be possible if it weren't for our hard work. The

area
.is hardly prime wilderness, its on the outskirts of a town and as I

stated
.the fact that we keep the place tidy and in obvious use means that people
.are less likely to dump garbage/stolen cars and other threats to wildlife
.far more serious than a few paths.
.
.Steve.

BS. If it were so beneficial to wildlife & people, the local authorities

would
have been glad to authorize it. They DIDN'T. You took the law into your

own
hands, and now you expect SYMPATHY?! Ha ha ha.

Nope its not bull****, and we didn't ask them to authorize it because its on
private land which is unused and has been for 30+ years. As I've already
pointed out to you the owner of the land can appreciate the benefits we
bring and so can other trail users. You seem to be getting me mixed up with
the original poster BTW, do try and keep up.

Steve.

Old August 17th 04, 08:54 AM
Scott Burley

.You dope. The paths we maintain and clear are used by dog walkers and the
.like which would not be possible if it weren't for our hard work. The

area
.is hardly prime wilderness, its on the outskirts of a town and as I

stated
.the fact that we keep the place tidy and in obvious use means that people
.are less likely to dump garbage/stolen cars and other threats to wildlife
.far more serious than a few paths.
.
.Steve.

BS. If it were so beneficial to wildlife & people, the local authorities

would
have been glad to authorize it. They DIDN'T. You took the law into your

own
hands, and now you expect SYMPATHY?! Ha ha ha.

Gee, do you really trust local authorities to be so omniscient as to always
do the right thing?

--
__ __ _ ___ ___
/ _|/ _/ |_ _|_ _|

Old August 18th 04, 02:57 AM
Mike Vandeman

On Tue, 17 Aug 2004 07:54:02 GMT, "Scott Burley"
wrote:

[...]

No, but they ARE in charge. YOU aren't.
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old August 18th 04, 10:19 AM
spademan o---[\) *

wrote:
.Gee, do you really trust local authorities to be so omniscient as to

always
.do the right thing?

No, but they ARE in charge. YOU aren't.

So you are an advocate then of following the 'people in charge' rather than
doing the right thing.

Old August 20th 04, 07:28 AM
Scott Burley

wrote:

. .You dope. The paths we maintain and clear are used by dog walkers and

the
. .like which would not be possible if it weren't for our hard work. The
.area
. .is hardly prime wilderness, its on the outskirts of a town and as I
.stated
. .the fact that we keep the place tidy and in obvious use means that

people
. .are less likely to dump garbage/stolen cars and other threats to

wildlife
. .far more serious than a few paths.
. .
. .Steve.
.
. BS. If it were so beneficial to wildlife & people, the local

authorities
.would
. have been glad to authorize it. They DIDN'T. You took the law into your
.own
. hands, and now you expect SYMPATHY?! Ha ha ha.
.
.Gee, do you really trust local authorities to be so omniscient as to

always
.do the right thing?

No, but they ARE in charge. YOU aren't.

But that's contradictory. In your previous post you said that if the jump
had been beneficial to wildlife & people, the local authorities would have
been glad to authorize it. Now you say that local authorities cannot be
trusted to do the right thing. So which is it?

--
__ __ _ ___ ___
/ _|/ _/ |_ _|_ _|

Old August 21st 04, 02:20 AM
Mike Vandeman

..

.. wrote:
.. .Gee, do you really trust local authorities to be so omniscient as to
..always
.. .do the right thing?
..
.. No, but they ARE in charge. YOU aren't.
..
..So you are an advocate then of following the 'people in charge' rather than
..doing the right thing.

No, YOU said that. DUH!
===

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande

The Effects of Mountain Biking on Wildlife and People -- WhyOff-Road Bicycling Should be Prohibited Pablo Ricardo Mountain Biking 69 July 23rd 04 10:40 AM
Frequently Asked Questions about Mountain Biking BB Mountain Biking 31 July 4th 04 02:35 AM
Why Can't Mountain Bikers Read? Gary S. Mountain Biking 19 April 23rd 04 11:19 PM
Mike Vandeman qa2 Mountain Biking 26 November 18th 03 01:16 PM
More Hate Mail from a Typical Mountain Biker Stephen Baker Mountain Biking 11 October 26th 03 06:14 AM