Lost link to long distance riders page

Old September 11th 04, 06:32 PM
whinds

Default Lost link to long distance riders page

I'm hoping someone here can help. I lost my saved links list and am looking for
the URL to a rider making a long trip from Anchorage Alaska to the tip of
Chile. I got the original link from one of the bicycle news groups and
hopefully someone still has it. The last I heard was in July and the rider was
in Canada. The main points about the rider is she had done a "face plant" on a
trailer hitch while commuting to work. This accident encouraged her to go ahead
with her dream trip. She had served in the Peace Corp. and was passionate about
conservation. Her home base was East Coast, I think maybe Pennslyvania. TIA.
Old September 12th 04, 10:11 PM
congo

whinds wrote in message ...
I'm hoping someone here can help. I lost my saved links list and am looking

for
the URL to a rider making a long trip from Anchorage Alaska to the tip of
Chile. I got the original link from one of the bicycle news groups and
hopefully someone still has it. The last I heard was in July and the rider

was
in Canada. The main points about the rider is she had done a "face plant"

on a
trailer hitch while commuting to work. This accident encouraged her to go

ahead
with her dream trip. She had served in the Peace Corp. and was passionate

about
conservation. Her home base was East Coast, I think maybe Pennslyvania.

TIA.

I did a google search and found a lot of web pages. Perhaps you could try it
yourself as you knlw more about it than we do. Was she going solo or with
someone? Got a name ? There are hundreds of people doing this trip. Good
luck on your search

Old September 13th 04, 05:11 AM
congo

congo wrote in message ...

whinds wrote in message ...
[...]

Here's one I found that might interest you:

http://www.novanor.qc.ca/desc-ame/en/

Old September 14th 04, 12:02 AM
whinds

In article , "congo"
writes:

congo wrote in message ...

whinds wrote in message ...
[...]

Thanks congo for the link to Chrystine Roy's page. I did not realize there are
so many young women making these incredible journies. Like you I googled the
info I had but after many wrong pages gave up. This is the reason for the entry
in this news group. One of the cycling news groups is where I got the original
link and was hoping the OP would catch my post here and recoginize himself. The
last time I had visited the mystery rider's page, she had not posted anything
for about 3 weeks in July. I was wondering what became of her. The rider that I
was following is a yooung female solo rider traveling from Anchorage, Alaska
through Canada, U.S., and Mexico. She planned to jump over Panama and continue
her journey down to the southern tip of Chile.

Old September 14th 04, 05:03 PM
Eric M. McQuaid

have you tried searching google groups? It searches all past posts of
nearly every post ever made... If you can remember exact phrasing you
can pull up posts from years ago.

whinds wrote:
In article , "congo"