Airfree Tires: RIPOFF SCAM

Old September 14th 04, 05:43 PM
tph

Default Airfree Tires: RIPOFF SCAM

Air Free Tires, Inc. 104 Smith St. New Smyrna, FL. 32168
(386) 478-1861** fax 309 218-2459** Intl. 386 478-1861

This company is a SCAM and a RIPOFF. I was stupid enough to order tires
from them on their website:

1. They charged my credit card the same day I ordered
2. They double billed my card for the same one order
3. They NEVER shipped the merchandise to me

I have called their "customer service" phone number at least 30 times,
and have NEVER spoken to a human being, only an answering machine.
After 30 voicemails and 20 e-mails, I have NO response from them.
The Florida Better Business Bureau has an "unsatisfactory" rating for
them due to failure to respond to complaints.

Next time, I will check with the BBB *before* I throw away my money.
Old September 14th 04, 06:15 PM
Zog The Undeniable

tph wrote:

Air Free Tires, Inc. 104 Smith St. New Smyrna, FL. 32168
(386) 478-1861 fax 309 218-2459 Intl. 386 478-1861

This company is a SCAM and a RIPOFF. I was stupid enough to order tires
from them on their website:

1. They charged my credit card the same day I ordered
2. They double billed my card for the same one order
3. They NEVER shipped the merchandise to me

I have called their "customer service" phone number at least 30 times,
and have NEVER spoken to a human being, only an answering machine.
After 30 voicemails and 20 e-mails, I have NO response from them.
The Florida Better Business Bureau has an "unsatisfactory" rating for
them due to failure to respond to complaints.

Next time, I will check with the BBB *before* I throw away my money.

Oddly enough, my old copy of Richard's Bicycle Book warns against scams
involving airfree tyres. They're total crap anyway - Mr Dunlop got it
right all those years ago.
Old September 14th 04, 06:28 PM
Leo Lichtman

"tph" wrote: This company is a SCAM and a RIPOFF. (clip)
^^^^^^^^^^^^
In cases like this you should be able to get the credit card company to
reverse the charges.

Thanks for the "heads up."

Old September 14th 04, 06:49 PM
Benjamin Lewis

Zog The Undeniable wrote:

tph wrote:

[...]

Apparently these ones are also rubber-free. The emperor has no clothes.

--
Benjamin Lewis

I regret to say that we of the FBI are powerless to act in cases of
oral-genital intimacy, unless it has in some way obstructed interstate
commerce. -- J. Edgar Hoover

Old September 14th 04, 07:36 PM
Muttley

wrote:
Zog The Undeniable wrote:

Oddly enough, my old copy of Richard's Bicycle Book warns against scams
involving airfree tyres. They're total crap anyway - Mr Dunlop got it
right all those years ago.

Apparently these ones are also rubber-free.

Keyboard!

I don't get it...

Sorry, it's a convention is some newsgroups that if something really makes you
LOL, you mention that the purveyor of the comic quip has caused you to ruin your
keyboard by spraying it with coffee.

Of course, you usually haven't actually soaked the keyboard - it's just a sort
of compliment.

Old September 14th 04, 09:09 PM
Werehatrack

On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 12:43:43 -0400, tph
wrote:

Air Free Tires, Inc. 104 Smith St. New Smyrna, FL. 32168
(386) 478-1861** fax 309 218-2459** Intl. 386 478-1861

Florida. It figures. (I used to live in Florida. Commercially, much
of it makes Mos Eisley look like the Vatican. Boca Raton, in
particular, is recognized as the spam capitol of the planet. The most
common business model in Florida is "grab the cash and run.")

--
Typoes are a feature, not a bug.