Query: Norco Rampage

Old September 17th 04, 03:42 AM
nyetsky

Default Query: Norco Rampage

Hi there,

I want to buy a bike. Any comments on the Norco
Rampage bike here below? Don't know much about bikes. I just
want a decent bike so my real biker friends will not
laugh at me (They have really nice bikes =) )
Saw this bike being auctioned btw.

http://www.norco.com/bikes/images/rampage.jpg

Thanks for your comments.

Regards,
Old September 17th 04, 04:21 AM
Mong Yek

"nyetsky" wrote in message
news
Hi there,

I want to buy a bike. Any comments on the Norco
Rampage bike here below? Don't know much about bikes. I just
want a decent bike so my real biker friends will not
laugh at me (They have really nice bikes =) )
Saw this bike being auctioned btw.

http://www.norco.com/bikes/images/rampage.jpg

Thanks for your comments.

Regards,

Looks nice, but odd
has a design problem with the front wheel
I had one and got rid of it, it was a stinker

Old September 19th 04, 12:12 AM
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Alex Rodriguez wrote:

In article ,
says...

Hi there,

I want to buy a bike. Any comments on the Norco
Rampage bike here below? Don't know much about bikes. I just
want a decent bike so my real biker friends will not
laugh at me (They have really nice bikes =) )
Saw this bike being auctioned btw.

If you dont' know much about bikes, how do you know that the bike up
for auction is your size? Fit is the most important part of buying a
bike.

What Alex said. Fit can be adjusted to a certain extent, but the Rampage
comes in 5 sizes for a reason.

First, a warning: Norco has used the Rampage name for years. If this is,
oh, a 1994 Rampage, it might or might not be a good bike, but it would
practically be obsolete by modern mountain bike standards (not that
there's anything wrong with that; old rigid mountain bikes are the
starting point for a lot of great project bikes, most notably building
indestructible commuter machines for little money). As with all
auctions, caveat emptor, and if you don't know what you're bidding on,
you will be the dumb money in the room.

Addressing the specific bike you've linked to:

http://www.norco.com/bikes/rampage.htm

This is a 2001 Norco Rampage. It has a pretty nice component spec
(though the Z-5 was on the lower end of Marzocchi's fork line, this is
still a decent freeride fork with good travel for a single-crown).

The Formula discs are a bit of an oddity, but this is your basic "shore
hardtail", which means it's built heavily compared to a lightweight
cross-country bike. In other words, you can huck it.

Your real biker friends would probably not laugh at this bike, for what
it's worth. What it is worth is an interesting question. My best guess
off the top of my head is that it would sell for about C$500-800 locally
if it was in good condition, maybe a tetch less. Your market may vary.

--
Ryan Cousineau, http://www.wiredcola.com
Verus de parvis; verus de magnis.

Humor pic: 2005 Norco Aqua Corinne Shulen Mountain Biking 1 November 17th 04 06:45 AM
Query: Norco Rampage nyetsky Rides 3 September 19th 04 12:12 AM
norco :confused: johngrass Mountain Biking 23 July 20th 04 12:27 PM
Norco Downhill johngrass Australia 2 July 19th 04 12:44 PM