Aluminum Frame Life Expectancy

Old July 13th 03, 07:09 PM
GRL

Default Aluminum Frame Life Expectancy

That happens even with air. Lose about 10 lb. a week from my tires. Would be
even faster with hydrogen.

--

- GRL

"It's good to want things."

Steve Barr (philosopher, poet, humorist, chemist,
Visual Basic programmer)
"Tom Sherman" wrote in message

Seamus wrote:
I wonder how much advantage would be gained by filling my tyres
with Helium?

Or, living life on the edge, filling them with Hydrogen....

Hydrogen molecules are very small, so pressure loss would occur rapidly
requiring frequent reinflation of the tires.

Old July 16th 03, 09:39 AM
Van Bagnol

Seamus wrote:
I wonder how much advantage would be gained by filling my tyres
with Helium?

Or, living life on the edge, filling them with Hydrogen....

Hydrogen molecules are very small, so pressure loss would occur rapidly
requiring frequent reinflation of the tires.

That happens even with air. Lose about 10 lb. a week from my tires. Would be
even faster with hydrogen.

Would be even faster with helium. Hydrogen molecules, H2, take up
slightly more space than helium, which is inert and is only a single
atom.

Van

--
Van Bagnol / v a n at wco dot com / c r l at bagnol dot com
....enjoys - Theatre / Windsurfing / Skydiving / Mountain Biking