PDA

View Full Version : Cannondale

toby
July 15th 03, 01:17 AM
Has anybody ridden a R2000? I am looking for a new bike. I rode a Trek 5200
and was very impressed with it. I can't find any dealers for 500 miles in my
area who have a Cannondale R 2000. One dealer told me it would be months
before he could get one. One dealer had a r 1000 but it was not my size.
If anybody has ridden these 2 bikes could you give me your thoughts on them
Thanks

Top Sirloin
July 15th 03, 03:16 AM
On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 00:17:01 GMT, "toby" > wrote:

>Has anybody ridden a R2000? I am looking for a new bike. I rode a Trek 5200
>and was very impressed with it. I can't find any dealers for 500 miles in my
>area who have a Cannondale R 2000. One dealer told me it would be months
>before he could get one. One dealer had a r 1000 but it was not my size.
>If anybody has ridden these 2 bikes could you give me your thoughts on them
>Thanks

Well, I have a Cannondale and love it, and I bet a CAAD3,4 or 5 frame with
Ultegra (or even better, Veloce) from gvhbikes.com would be a better deal than a
"stock" Cannondale.

Scott Johnson
"There is nothing, I think, more unfortunate than
to have soft, chubby, fat-looking children who go
to watch their school play basketball every Saturday
and regard that as their week's exercise."
- John F. Kennedy, 1962

Drew Cutter
July 15th 03, 01:30 PM
Take a look at giant. A buddy of mine got the fiberglass(?) . Very light
bike. I would like to see an article on cannondale new bike that was ban
at the tour this year.

David Storm
July 15th 03, 02:21 PM
I've ridden a 1999 R1000 for 4 years (about 32,000 miles). It.s been
a very sturdy bike. I've had no problems with CAAD3 frame. Its
very stiff making it fast in the acceleration and a good climber. It's
very stable on fast, curvy descents. The only downer is that I
found is it's a bit of a shaker and rattler on rough roads even with
a carbon fork. I recently added a new Trek 5500 to my stable
and it gives a much softer ride but still pretty stiff. It's 2 lbs
lighter than Cannondale, and I find it just a tad more squirrelly on
descents. I'll still ride Cannondale now and then (on good roads)
just for variety.

"toby" > wrote in message
.. .
> Has anybody ridden a R2000? I am looking for a new bike. I rode a Trek
5200
> and was very impressed with it. I can't find any dealers for 500 miles in
my
> area who have a Cannondale R 2000. One dealer told me it would be months
> before he could get one. One dealer had a r 1000 but it was not my size.
> If anybody has ridden these 2 bikes could you give me your thoughts on
them
> Thanks

Dan Birchall
July 15th 03, 06:25 PM
(Drew Cutter) wrote:
> I would like to see an article on cannondale new bike that was ban
> at the tour this year.

Not banned - it just didn't make the minimum weight limit. Bikes
in le Tour have to weigh 6.8kg/14.99 pounds minimum, and with CAAD7
frame a fully built bike can come in at 6.7kg (or less?) and thus
require added weight. Heavier bottle cage, heavier seat and seatpost.

A couple URLs mentioning it:
http://www.dailypeloton.com/displayarticle.asp?pk=4276
http://www.roadcycling.com/news/article293.shtml

-Dan (CAAD 3 Cyclocross)

toby
July 15th 03, 09:41 PM
It was a carbon frame!
New CAAD 8

"Drew Cutter" > wrote in message
> Take a look at giant. A buddy of mine got the fiberglass(?) . Very light
> bike. I would like to see an article on cannondale new bike that was ban
> at the tour this year.

toby
July 15th 03, 09:46 PM
So I assume you prefer the Trek.......correct!

"David Storm" > wrote in message
> I've ridden a 1999 R1000 for 4 years (about 32,000 miles). It.s been
> a very sturdy bike. I've had no problems with CAAD3 frame. Its
> very stiff making it fast in the acceleration and a good climber. It's
> very stable on fast, curvy descents. The only downer is that I
> found is it's a bit of a shaker and rattler on rough roads even with
> a carbon fork. I recently added a new Trek 5500 to my stable
> and it gives a much softer ride but still pretty stiff. It's 2 lbs
> lighter than Cannondale, and I find it just a tad more squirrelly on
> descents. I'll still ride Cannondale now and then (on good roads)
> just for variety.
>
> "toby" > wrote in message
> .. .
> > Has anybody ridden a R2000? I am looking for a new bike. I rode a Trek
> 5200
> > and was very impressed with it. I can't find any dealers for 500 miles
in
> my
> > area who have a Cannondale R 2000. One dealer told me it would be months
> > before he could get one. One dealer had a r 1000 but it was not my size.
> > If anybody has ridden these 2 bikes could you give me your thoughts on
> them
> > Thanks

Jkpoulos7
July 15th 03, 10:45 PM
>The only downer is that I
>found is it's a bit of a shaker and rattler on rough roads even with
>a carbon fork.

Get an 853 steel bike

> recently added a new Trek 5500 to my stable
>and it gives a much softer ride but still pretty stif

Get an 853 bike

> It's 2 lbs
>lighter than Cannondale, and I find it just a tad more squirrelly on
>descents.

**** before you ride and you'll lose a pound. Get a Lemond for quality
descending.

Jkpoulos7
July 16th 03, 09:38 PM
>I hope you're joking.
>
>Anybody who's anybody has long ago given up on
>that lame drain pipe stuff.

If people like to be beat up on a bike aluminum is fine.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home