PDA

View Full Version : Re: Aluminum Frame Life Expectancy

GRL
July 13th 03, 07:09 PM
That happens even with air. Lose about 10 lb. a week from my tires. Would be
even faster with hydrogen.

--

- GRL

"It's good to want things."

Steve Barr (philosopher, poet, humorist, chemist,
Visual Basic programmer)
"Tom Sherman" > wrote in message

> Seamus wrote:
> > I wonder how much advantage would be gained by filling my tyres
> > with Helium?
> >
> > Or, living life on the edge, filling them with Hydrogen....
>
> Hydrogen molecules are very small, so pressure loss would occur rapidly
> requiring frequent reinflation of the tires.
>
> Tom Sherman - Quad Cities USA (Illinois side)

Van Bagnol
July 16th 03, 09:39 AM
In article >,
"GRL" > wrote:
> "Tom Sherman" > wrote in message
> >
> > Seamus wrote:
> > > I wonder how much advantage would be gained by filling my tyres
> > > with Helium?
> > >
> > > Or, living life on the edge, filling them with Hydrogen....
> >
> > Hydrogen molecules are very small, so pressure loss would occur rapidly
> > requiring frequent reinflation of the tires.
>
> That happens even with air. Lose about 10 lb. a week from my tires. Would be
> even faster with hydrogen.

Would be even faster with helium. Hydrogen molecules, H2, take up
slightly more space than helium, which is inert and is only a single
atom.

Van

--
Van Bagnol / v a n at wco dot com / c r l at bagnol dot com
....enjoys - Theatre / Windsurfing / Skydiving / Mountain Biking

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home